Development Assistant – Job Description
Click Here for a PDF
Position Summary: The Development Assistant is responsible for providing administration and special event support to the Book-It development team. Includes donor database administration; data entry; report preparation; grant support; general and specialized clerical work.
- Responsible for donor data entry, donor acknowledgements, reporting, and tracking of gifts. Ensures database information is accurate.
- Provides administrative support for development office: ordering supplies, scheduling appointments and meetings, preparing information packets etc., as requested.
- Maintain development files and records and establish/maintain effective systems for same.
- Assists with the production and mailing of grants and with the production and mailing of direct mail appeals, mass email campaigns, and other correspondence.
- Assists with specific activities related to implementation of special events, including mailings, reservations, gift tracking, etc.
- Participates in the development and implementation of development office planning efforts, including calendar and deadline tracking, policies and procedures, and implementation of goals.
- Other duties as assigned to assure successful operations.
- Associates or Bachelor degree and or two years administrative experience.
- Proficient with word processing and data entry; donor data base experience a plus. 50 wpm typing preferred.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with staff, volunteers, board, patrons and public.
- Willingness and ability to listen, question, think, decide and respond.
- Ability to prioritize work requests and complete assignments on time.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to records and information.
Salary and Benefits: This is an hourly, 10-hour per week position. $16 an hour.
Office and theatre are both ground floor facilities.
Book-It Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Sally Brunette, Director of Development
Book-It Repertory Theatre
305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Development Assistant”
No phone calls, please.