Job Posting: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Click Here For a PDF
Reports To: Managing Director
Status: Full-time, exempt (salaried) position (40 hours/wk)
Oversight: Communications Manager, Patron Services Manager, Box Office staff, occasional intern
Salary range: $50,000
Position closes November 23, 2018
BOOK-IT REPERTORY THEATRE, an established and notable part of Seattle’s theatre ecology, is looking for an energetic and innovative Director of Marketing
THE MISSION: Book-It Repertory Theatre is a non-profit organization dedicated to transforming great literature into great theatre through simple and sensitive production and to inspiring audiences to read.
SUMMARY: The Director of Marketing is responsible for meeting and exceeding the company’s earned revenue goals. The Director is the guardian of Book-It’s image, identity, style, and reputation in the public whether in print or online media, or in company collateral materials. The Director partners with the senior management team to strategize and implement company-wide audience engagement efforts. All senior level managers are expected to participate in all the varied aspects of the theatre’s activities including board meetings, audience engagement activities, fundraising efforts, and education-related events and performances in the capacity of Book-It representative.
SALES & MARKETING:
- Develops and implements annual marketing plan in collaboration with Communications Manager and Patron Services manager with focus on improving Book-It’s image/visibility, meeting or exceeding subscription and single ticket sales goals, and reaching new audiences.
- Establishes and administers annual marketing budget.
- Sets measurable and realistic short- and long-range goals for ticket and subscription goals (in conjunction with Managing Director).
- Develops and implements show-specific marketing plans tailored to each production’s potential audience.
- Develops and implements successful strategies for direct mail, advertising, and online campaigns.
- Initiates community and cross-promotional partnerships to broaden Book-It’s reach and maximize advertising dollars.
- Negotiates ad and vendor contracts within budgeted goals.
- Designs and conducts at least one subscriber survey per year to reveal buying criteria and perceived image of organization.
- Conducts one competitive and one SWOT analysis per year.
- Develops and maintains strategy and procedures for communications in times of urgency or emergency.
- Supervises the Communications Manager and all PR, social media, e-communications, and website communications efforts.
- Maintain optimal brand consistency.
- Identify, hire and manage graphic and web designer(s).
- Acts as company art director for the design, printing, and distribution of all marketing publications such as show posters, fliers, programs, and brochures (incl. the Arts & Education programs and Development).
- Participates in strategic planning process to determine organization’s identity.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve Company image/visibility.
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to create and maintain a schedule of communications efforts that fits the company event needs.
- Uphold the highest standards of writing and language use in all Company communication materials including patron letters, recorded messages, program articles, blog posts, and email communications.
- Act as a key Company editor and aid other departments in production of written materials.
- Maintain and disseminate the company style guide.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelors’ degree in marketing, communications, graphics design or equivalent experience.
- Proven record of successful marketing and communications campaigns.
- Minimum three years managerial experience in the field to include staff supervision, strategic planning, and budget management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be pro-active, take initiative and have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Please be committed to working with colleagues and artists of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Must have knowledge of ticketing and CRM system use; Salesforce platform a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and working understanding of Photoshop suite.
- A knowledge of and/or love of the arts, especially theater or the performing arts, is a must.
- A love of literature, learning, and passion for literacy is a plus.
Position requires occasional lifting of 20+ pounds, the repetitive use of a computer, and operating miscellaneous equipment and furnishings as tasks and projects require. Access to the theatre offices is via a staircase. Periodic evening and weekend work required.
Salary and Benefits: Salary $50,000. This is a full time Salaried/Exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, vision, and dental, as well as paid time off.
Book-It Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to equity, inclusivity, and diversity, and is seeking like-minded individuals to be part of the team.
Learn more about the company at www.book-it.org
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to:
Book-It Repertory Theatre
305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109
or to email@example.com (with “Director of Marketing Application” in the subject line).
No phone calls, please.