MAJOR GIFT OFFICER – Job Description
Click Here for PDF version
Position Summary: Book-It’s Major Gift Officer is an integral member of the Development team with primary responsibility for soliciting gifts of $1,000 and more. Manage relationships with approximately 70 prospective donors. Work collaboratively with other development staff to cultivate, steward and solicit donors for Book-It priorities. Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Establish a clear plan and individual prospect strategies to identify new donors, increase donor engagement and major gifts with a focus on gifts of $1,000 and up
- Initiate contacts with potential major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Oversee and develop major donor events, including cultivation receptions, house parties etc.
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the Development team
- Experience in major gift fundraising
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and Book-It
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a demonstrated record of completing assignments
Salary and Benefits: Salary DOE. This is a 20-hour per week, salaried/Exempt position.
Office and theatre are both ground floor facilities.
Book-It Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Sally Brunette, Director of Development
Book-It Repertory Theatre
305 Harrison St
Seattle, WA 98109
Or email email@example.com with the subject line: “Major Gift Officer”
No phone calls, please.