Position Title: COVID Compliance Officer: Production
Length of Contract: December 13, 2021 – July 3, 2022
Hours: 20-40+ hours per week, dependent upon production schedule
Reports To: Production Manager & Company Manager
Supervises: Production Cast & Crew
Book-It Repertory Theatre is seeking a COVID Compliance Officer (CCO) to join their 2021-2022 season production staff.
The CCO will work with Book-It’s Production Manager and Company Manager (Production Management Team) to plan and implement practices throughout our production processes that uphold the public health guidelines mandated by the State of Washington, King County, the City of Seattle, and Actors’ Equity Association (AEA). The CCO does not need to be a health professional.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and understand COVID protocols and guidelines set out by the State, County, City, and relevant theatre unions.
- Work with Production Management Team to develop a COVID safety compliant site plan for rehearsal and performance spaces.
- Work with Stage Managers and Artistic Teams to develop a rehearsal schedule that allows for COVID compliant use of rehearsal space.
- With support from Production Management Team, prepare a COVID safety plan to distribute to production staff prior to beginning rehearsals.
- Work with Production Management Team to implement a contact tracing system.
- Attend all rehearsals, performances, and meetings that AEA members are required to attend. Monitor activity to ensure accountability to the COVID safety plan.
- Conduct health check-ins and temperature checks for arriving production staff during regular rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances.
- Keep careful documentation of all COVID safety activity. Alert Production Management Team to any infractions.
- Coordinate with Production Management Team to facilitate proper COVID testing and reporting.
- Maintain safe and clean workspace in compliance with COVID safety plan, including cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and props, monitoring proper breaktime practices, and maintaining the stock of COVID safety equipment, such as disposable masks and hand sanitizer.
- Setup of physical spaces and safety equipment in compliance with Covid Safety Plan including setup of HEPA air purifiers, sanitization stations, and designated break areas.
- Attend production meetings as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certification and training in COVID compliance is required before the start of work. This training will be facilitated by Book-It if not already completed.
- Familiarity with theatre production, including rehearsal and performance best practices and vocabulary. This is an ideal position for someone seeking experience working with production staff and stage management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain calm and focused under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong discretion and respect for maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated sound judgment.
Physical Requirements for This Position
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear. Hands are often needed to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate small objects or controls.
- Hand-eye coordination capabilities necessary to operate computers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- $19.00 an hour
This position is for the period of Dec 13-July 3, 2022. Hours will follow the shape of the rehearsal and performance schedules for our 2022 productions:
- 34-37 hours per week during rehearsal weeks (16 weeks total) starting week of Dec 27.
- Up to 2 hours overtime for tech weeks (5 of the 16 aforementioned weeks will be over 40 hours for which overtime rate will be paid).
- Less than 20 hours per week during performance weeks and the prep week prior to rehearsals beginning (9 weeks total). Prep week can be remote.
- Rehearsal and performance call times will be same as the Stage Management team.
E-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “COVID Compliance Officer” in the subject line by November 22, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment at Book-It Repertory Theatre is based upon individual qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital or veteran status, sensory, physical or mental disability, political ideology, sexual other legally protected status.