Join us virtually for Book-It Repertory Theatre’s Gala on March 20th! This fun-filled evening of trivia on all things books and Book-It will feature a silent auction and Raise-the-Paddle in support of all of Book-It’s shows and programming.
March 20, 2021
6:30-7:30PM Doors open for social mingling and tech support
7:30-8:30PM Gala Program and Trivia
Attire: Formal Sweats or Book Reading Attire (Prizes for “Best Dressed”)
$100 Trivia + Kaspars Dinner Delivered
$50 Trivia + Kaspars Snack Pack Delivered
$12 Add-on Old-Fashioned Cocktail (added to either dinner or snack Pack ticket)
$25 Trivia ticket only
Have questions about how to buy tickets, access the event, or play trivia with us? We have a few short videos to help you out!
#1 How to purchase tickets, make a donation, or bid on silent auction items.
#2 How Remo, our event software, works:
#3 How to play trivia at the event:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I access the event and play trivia?
- Buy a ticket! Although anyone will be able to make a donation or bid on silent auction items through our Auctria website, to view our Gala and Trivia presentation, you will need to purchase one of the three ticket tiers. Click the Auctria link, then look for and click “Tickets” at the top of the screen.
- For Trivia by the Book(-It), we’ll be using a virtual event software called Remo, which will allow us to place you at virtual “tables,” with video and chat capabilities. You’ll be able to set your profile with your name, some basic info, and a profile photo.
- The morning of the event, we’ll be emailing out the event link for Remo.
- Trivia by the Book(-It) doors will open at 6:30PM for tech support and mingling. We’ll check you in, and have several help desks available, in case you have any questions about how to use the software.
- Virtual trivia “tables” will be marked with trivia team names, which you choose at the time of purchase. At 7:30, we’ll start our program and you can find your trivia team table.
- Your trivia team will need to designate someone to record and submit your team’s trivia answers via the chat function.
What if I don’t have a trivia team?
You can either play by yourself or if you would like us to place you with a team, please just drop us a line in the comments box when you purchase your ticket.
Do I have to meet in person with my team?
Nope! We want everyone to be safe, which is why we are using Remo.co software, which will allow trivia teams to meet virtually!
- Teams may be made up of 5 or fewer players. Teams over 5 will need to split into two smaller groups
- Our event software, Remo, will allow teams to virtually sit at tables and converse over questions.
- Select a person to submit answers for your group. This person will be responsible for sending your group’s answers to our Trivia Masters, Andrew and Christine from Campbell Associates, for scorekeeping.
- Please keep the same people in your trivia team from start to finish—no swapping in!
- We’re operating on the honor system, so please do not look up questions on the internet!
- Prizes will be awarded for first and second place at the end of the evening. Please note: we are only able to deliver tangible items to winners within 20 miles of the Center House Theatre.
If I chose a Kaspars Dinner or Snack Pack, how will that work?
Kaspars deliveries will happen on March 20, before the event. We will be in touch with delivery info the week of March 20th!
How do I bid on silent auction items?
- Visit https://event.auctria.com/1a15c0c8-c2b8-42c8-8bee-64d55cc3a8ae/a780d600ec2e11e9ae081db830846aa5 and create a profile for bidding. You do not need a Gala ticket to participate in the silent auction.
- Bidding will open at 12AM on March 10 and close on March 20th at 8:15PM.
- Book-It will follow up with winners after bidding closes to arrange delivery of their auction items.
Trivia by the Book(-It) is generously sponsored by: